[keycloak-user] send-verify-email with redirect seems not to work

Stephen Flynn stephen.flynn at jftechnology.com
Tue Aug 2 07:25:50 EDT 2016

I am using the following Rest API call on a standalone Keycloak server (v2.0.0)...

*/auth/admin/realms/{realm}/users/{id}/send-verify-email?client_id=XYZ&redirect_uri=abc*

The call works almost as expected...

  * sends email with link to users email
    (https://auth.xyz.com/auth/realms/abc/login-actions/required-action?code=xxx...)
  * the link, when followed, marks the user as 'email verified' and clears the
    required action.
  * events log (event = CUSTOM_REQUIRED_ACTION,
    custom_required_action=VERIFY_EMAIL) looks OK and includes the correct
    redirect_uri as included in the initiating REST call.
  * link can only be used once.

BUT the link doesn't redirect back to the redirect_uri as I would expect.
Instead the user browser remains at the emailed link
(https://auth.xyz.com/auth/realms/abc/login-actions/required-action?code=xxx...).

Am I missing something here ? Am I expecting the wrong behaviour or is this a bug ?

best rgds,

Steve F.

*Stephen Flynn*

*Director, JF Technology (UK) Ltd*