[keycloak-user] Database upgrade

Nalyvayko, Peter pnalyvayko at agi.com
Thu Aug 18 14:54:23 EDT 2016

Tom, thanks for the link. My use case: the dev team uses keycloak final 2.0.0 release distribution in their development environment.
To start keycloak they run 'standalone.bat' as a part of their dev test bootstrap (not 'mvn -f ...-Pkeycloak-server) . Sometimes there is a need to run the keycloak database init/upgrade without actually starting the keycloak server,  so it would be great to be able to achieve that by specifying, for example, an extra parameter to'standalone.bat', i.e:

$ standalone.bat --init-database-only

The above command would execute the database initialization/upgrade and immediately terminate. Does it make sense?

The instructions in the link, I believe, were written for a slightly different use case.