[keycloak-user] chrome on windows

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Dec 13 08:42:12 EST 2016

Hi,

Somehow, when using keycloak SAML auth on our application, chrome on
windows is presenting us a basic http popup logon window.
In that case, the URL looks like:
> https://keycloak.company.com/auth/realms/testrealm/protocol/saml?SAMLRequest=fVHJbsIwEP2VyPfEOCk0sUgkIKVC6oJK1UMvlZWYYsmxU8%2B4y9%2FXCUKiPXB9M2%2FeMnMQne...

We have to cancel that popup, to end up in the regular keycloak login page.
The URL then becomes:
> https://keycloak.company.com/auth/realms/testrealm/login-actions/authenticate?code=lmCA9w6F-KuQAefH1Iq5mDpBznYOjP2JE3ZnooeL9Uc.e01284fe-0ad4-4efb-8314-f...

Since this only happens on chrome on windows, I thought that this
perhaps was a kerberos-auth going wrong. So i disabled kerberos, but it
keeps happening.

Using other browsers, we end up in the regular second /login-actions/
logon screen straight away.

The chrome popup is also NOT useable: if we provide a valid
username/password, we will NOT become authenticated, but we end up in
the "WE'RE SORRY... Unexpected error when handling authentication
request to identity provider."

Can anyone explain this? (keycloak 2.3.0)

MJ