[keycloak-user] Keycloak Memory Settings

Chris Savory chris.savory at edlogics.com
Tue Dec 13 15:43:54 EST 2016

We are using RH SSO 7.0 and I am performing a loadtest for our site.  Currently I’m stuck at going above 200 virtual users because keycloak gets to slow at that point and the long running login threads on our site begin to bog down the rest of the site functions.

Currently we are using SSO Standalone, and are planning to run in cluster mode as soon as we upgrade to 7.0.2 because of the cluster bug.
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2427361

While our operations guys are working on getting the cluster functionality working, I wanted to verify the memory settings on our standalone instance are optimized and that there wasn’t something we could do there as well.  Here are the current startup settings.

JAVA_OPTS:  -server -verbose:gc -Xloggc:"/opt/eap/standalone/log/gc.log" -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=3M -XX:-TraceClassUnloading -Xms1303m -Xmx1303m -XX:MetaspaceSize=96M -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.logmanager,jdk.nashorn.api -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xbootclasspath/p:/opt/eap/jboss-modules.jar:/opt/eap/modules/system/layers/base/org/jboss/logmanager/main/jboss-logmanager-2.0.3.Final-redhat-1.jar:/opt/eap/modules/system/layers/base/org/jboss/logmanager/ext/main/javax.json-1.0.4.jar:/opt/eap/modules/system/layers/base/org/jboss/logmanager/ext/main/jboss-logmanager-ext-1.0.0.Alpha2-redhat-1.jar -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager -javaagent:/opt/eap/jolokia.jar=port=8778,protocol=https,caCert=/var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount/ca.crt,clientPrincipal=cn=system:master-proxy,useSslClientAuthentication=true,extraClientCheck=true,host=0.0.0.0,discoveryEnabled=false -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom

I’m not sure where all these settings came from as the guy that set it up is no longer here.

We are running SSO inside a docker container inside of OpenShift

OpenShift Master: v1.2.1
Kubernetes Master: v1.2.0-36-g4a3f9c5

--
Christopher Savory