[keycloak-user] Keycloak saml v1.1 to oauth2 token

Porfyrios Vasileiou porfyrios.vasileiou at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 04:52:28 EST 2016

Hello, I have a project that includes 2 client applications.

In ONLY ONE of the clients(web application in angular) users login via a
3rd party authorization server that also has a login procedure where the
user logs in and it returns an saml v1.1 xml token and then they can access
the client. (This procedure cannot be changed) But i want this client to
also be secured with keycloak so i can have a token that i can pass to my
rest services that are also secured with keycloak.

Can i convert this saml v1.1 token to oauth2 via keycloak?

Once we have logged in I want to login this user to keycloak
programmatically and get an oauth2 token instead that can be used for the
rest services requests in the  Bearer authentication header. How can i do
this?

I also want to say that the keycloak is setup to use the same active
directory that the 3rd party authorization server is using to authenticate
the users.

Is this possible?

Thanks, Porfyrios