[keycloak-user] Class is swallowing exceptions

Manfred Duchrow manfred.duchrow at caprica.biz
Fri Feb 5 10:51:58 EST 2016

Hi,

I just got a "Failed to introspect token" result when trying to use this
new endpoint.
When I tried to find out what went wrong I observed that also no
additional log entry was available.
Looking at the code (1.8.0.Final) of class TokenIntrospectionEndpoint
revealed that in method
introspect() there is a try-catch that swallows all caught exception
information.

In methods
   private AccessToken toAccessToken(String tokenString)
   private void authorizeClient()
its the same pattern.
A new exception gets thrown without any information about the caught
exception.

You might consider opening an issue to add either some log statements in
all catch blocks of this class
or propagate the exception information in the new thrown exceptions.

So currently there is no chance to find out why an introspection request
failed.

Cheers,
  Manfred