[keycloak-user] What's the point of creating roles per realm and client?

Renann Prado darkness.renann at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 01:33:10 EST 2016

I'm pretty new to keycloak. Amazing application btw.
It's working very well, however I found strange/confusing that I have to
create roles in the level of the realm, then per client and then assign to
each user.
What I mean is: why don't we have the roles created in the level of the
realm and then we just assign per application user or is there an option to
make that happen?
Otherwise I have to keep creating roles for all clients, then assigning for
all users. In my case there aren't many users/roles/applications, so it's
fine. But it would be nice to know how to do that.

Thanks

Renann Prado