[keycloak-user] user Attribute error

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Feb 29 03:32:40 EST 2016

You can do this already though. You need to setup like:
- LDAP federation provider must have edit mode UNSYNCED
- LDAP mapper for your attribute must have "readOnly" to "on" and
"alwaysReadValueFromLDAP" to "off". But this is default settings for the
mapper for UNSYNCED edit mode anyway, so you don't need to explicitly
configure anything in the mapper (you can just doublecheck if mapper is
really set like this)

With setup like this, the attribute of user is read from LDAP during
initial import of user from LDAP. But when you change attribute to some
other value, the value is updated just to Keycloak DB (not to LDAP). And
for all next reads of user, keycloak will see the value from the DB (not
the one from LDAP).

Also you can add any new attribute to the user too. This will be always
saved to Keycloak DB and never to LDAP.

Marek