[keycloak-user] Keycloak user data encoding

Igor Zuk igor.zuk at qualitytaskforce.com
Tue Jul 12 10:13:33 EDT 2016

Thank you for a quick response.

I’m using 1.9.2.Final and the problem is a bit different, it’s not limited to registration screen.

I’m saying, that ISO-8859-1 is the default encoding, because all the text columns in USER_ENTITY table had encoding latin1. The table was created completely by Keycloak as the database was empty in the beginning. I manually switched encoding of FIRST_NAME to UTF-8 and modified it so it contained special letters. I started the user editor in Keycloak admin console and this name was displayed correctly. I added a single character to it, saved, and then the name got messed up with question marks instead of all special characters.