[keycloak-user] Two way communication required between Keycloak Server and REST API BAckend Server?

Adrian Matei adrianmatei at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:34:07 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Does a Keycloak secured REST Api on JBoss EAP 6.1 (access-type bearer only)
need to communicate with the Keycloak Server once the Adapter and
standalone.xml are properly configured?

Currently both servers are on the same DMZ zone, but we'd like to move the
REST Api Server in Intranet zone.

(test - the REST backend seems to be callable as long as the token is
valid, though the Keycloak Server was shutdown, but I ask myself why do I
need to specify the auth-server-url in standalone.xml, or keycloak.json
file)

Thanks
Adrian