[keycloak-user] tomcat 7 SAMl adapter and <login-config> question

David Guerra dguerrar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:06:50 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am updating an old struts 1.3 web app and integrating our SAML - SSO
service with help of keycloak adapter for SAML.

I have some issues with that development on Tomcat 7: in the "web.xml"
file, the following lines are suppose to be add

 <login-config>
        <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
        <realm-name>this is ignored currently</realm-name>
    </login-config>

Reading the other options, in the Wildfly the following code must be add:

 <login-config>
        <auth-method>KEYCLOAK-SAML</auth-method>
        <realm-name>this is ignored currently</realm-name>

    </login-config>

And, googling a like, I found that, on Tomcat 7, the correct configuration
must be:

 <login-config>
        <auth-method>KEYCLOAK</auth-method>
        <realm-name>this is ignored currently</realm-name>

    </login-config>

My question is: "BASIC" for tomcat 7 and SAML adapter is correct for my
development?

Thanks!!!