[keycloak-user] Basic auth and Authentication popup

Dragan Jotanovic draganj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:01:58 EDT 2016

Hi there,

I have a war application deployed to tomcat that is currently secured with
BASIC authentication through tomcat's realm. When I try to access secured
page, the authentication popup appears.
I would like to switch to keycloak securitu but I'm not sure if it is
possible to configure keycloak to force this authentication popup.
I tried setting it up but when I try to access the secured page, instead of
authentication popup I am redirected to keycloak page "Client is not
allowed to initiate browser login with given response_type. Standard flow
is disabled for the client."
I've followed the instructions from
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/examples/basic-auth and
http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/ch08.html#tomcat-adapter
.

Is it possible to setup tomcat and keycloak so that the authentication
popup would be forced to appear?

Thanks