[keycloak-user] Update account - login action tokens - how to make them persistent

Edgar Vonk - Info.nl Edgar at info.nl
Tue Mar 1 14:56:23 EST 2016

Hi all,

What would we need to do to make Keycloak user sessions persistent in the database?

I think the information in: http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2015-April/001921.html <http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2015-April/001921.html> is not relevant anymore with Keycloak 1.9.0? Specifically:

"userSessions": {
        "provider": "jpa"
    }

Does not seem to work (“Failed to find provider jpa for userSessions”). User sessions are now managed using Infinispan by default if I understand correctly: http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/clustering.html#d4e3292 <http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/clustering.html#d4e3292> ?

Is there a way to make user sessions persistent?

Our issue is that we send out a lot of activation (‘update password’) emails from our (single) Keycloak server to new users and since we have a continuous delivery pipeline Keycloak does down and up quite a bit and every time it restarts all temporary log in tokens used for these update password actions are lost (since they are stored in memory only). And if I understand correctly these tokens are actually a sort of user sessions.

cheers

Edgar