[keycloak-user] Exporting a realm as JSON file should not contain user groups?

Edgar Vonk - Info.nl Edgar at info.nl
Wed Mar 2 07:15:59 EST 2016

Hi,

We notice that when we export our custom realm to a JSON file (to a directory) that this file also contains all User Groups. We do not want this as we synchronise these User Groups from AD/LDAP just like our users. We want to have realm configuration in the realm JSON file only and not any ‘run-time’ managed data such as users and user groups.

Currently only users are exported to a different JSON file (http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/export-import.html) but groups are not. Does it make sense to create a feature request to also export user groups separately?

We have hundreds of groups in AD/LDAP which we sync to Keycloak so we really do not want these in the realm JSON.

cheers

Edgar