[keycloak-user] '500 Internal Server Error' thrown when 'Update User' API is invoked w/o 'username' in the payload

Lohitha Chiranjeewa kalc04 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 02:49:58 EST 2016

Stian just FYI, apparently this is not fixed despite the ticket getting
closed.

I had a brief look at the code, and it seems if the "username" is present
and the "enabled" parameter is set to true in the request payload, a
NullPointerException still gets thrown.

if (rep.isEnabled() != null && rep.isEnabled()) {
    UsernameLoginFailureModel failureModel =
session.sessions().getUserLoginFailure(realm,
rep.getUsername().toLowerCase());
    if (failureModel != null) {
        failureModel.clearFailures();
    }
}

This is in org.keycloak.services.resources.admin.UsersResource class.

Regards,
Lohitha.