[keycloak-user] Cannot change the user's username in AD...

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 09:30:25 EDT 2016

On 24/03/16 08:58, Adrian Matei wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Following situation:
>
>   * Keycloak 1.7.0.Final
>   * Login settings
>       o Email as username ON
>       o Edit username ON
>   * AD Configuration
>       o Edit mode : WRITABLE
>       o Username LDAP attribute: cn (standard as all other attributes)
>
> I've been trying in vain to change the username/email of a user (via
> the account application or via the admin console) - only the mail gets
> changed in AD and not common name? Is there is a particular setting I
> need to configure?
ATM we don't support changing value of "cn" through Keycloak as cn is
part of the DN of user record in Active Directory. We have JIRA, which
is related to that : https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-2403 .
Could you please create another JIRA with your usecase and link with
this one?

Thanks,
Marek