[keycloak-user] Losing some sessions during clustering
chairfield at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:08:51 EDT 2016
Hello Keycloak users,
We're seeing strange behavior with the session handling when starting up a
new node. Keycloak doesn't retain all sessions. Here's our experiment:
1. start with 1 node containing a few dozen sessions
2. start node 2 (nodes clustered via JGroups Ping table + infinispan)
3. wait for 10 minutes
4. stop node 1
End result: *some* of the clients connected are forced to log back in. Most
We're still investigating, so I cannot infer beyond this point at the
moment. I'm simply curious whether anyone knows the following:
- are *all* sessions meant to be migrated to new nodes?
- how long does it take to migrate sessions?
- does a new node wait until sessions are migrated before it enables the
- is there any logic to prune sessions on clustering?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
More information about the keycloak-user