[keycloak-user] No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource

Chris Savory chris.savory at edlogics.com
Wed Nov 16 14:15:32 EST 2016

In the admin, click on Clients, then select your client.  Do you have any values for “Web Origins” there?  If not, you need to add ‘http://localhost:9000’

--
Christopher Savory
Software Engineer | EdLogics
www.edlogics.com <http://www.edlogics.com/>

 <http://www.edlogics.com/>
 <https://www.linkedin.com/company/edlogics> <https://twitter.com/EdLogics>

On 11/16/16, 1:08 PM, "keycloak-user-bounces at lists.jboss.org on behalf of Grant Marrow" <keycloak-user-bounces at lists.jboss.org on behalf of grantmarrow at gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    I really need some help. I keep on getting the following error:

    *No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested
    resource. Origin 'http://localhost:9000 <http://localhost:9000/>' is
    therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 500.*

    This is my setup:

    *Front End:*
    - angular 1.5 web application running at http://localhost:9000
    - client configuration on keycloak admin console:
    - keycloak.json:

    {
      "realm": "leap",
      "auth-server-url": "http://localhost:8080/auth",
      "ssl-required": "external",
      "resource": "leap-web",
      "public-client": true
    }

    *Auth Server*
    - keycloak version 2.30Final running at http://localhost:8080

    *Web service*
    - java REST service running on Tomcat version 8.5
    - client config on keycloak admin console:
    - web.xml of rest service:

    <web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="
    http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xsi:schemaLocation="
    http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
    http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_3_0.xsd" id="WebApp_ID"
    version="3.0">
      <display-name>Archetype Created Web Application</display-name>
      <module-name>leap-service</module-name>
     <listener>
        <listener-class>com.hm.leap.service.init.ContextListener</listener-class>

      </listener>
    <context-param>
    <param-name>persistentUnit</param-name>
    <param-value>leap</param-value>
    </context-param>

      <security-constraint>
      <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Leap-Service</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/resources/private/*</url-pattern>
      </web-resource-collection>
      <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>user</role-name>
      </auth-constraint>
      </security-constraint>

       <login-config>
            <auth-method>KEYCLOAK</auth-method>
            <realm-name>leap</realm-name>
       </login-config>

      <security-role>
      <role-name>user</role-name>
      </security-role>

    </web-app>

    - I also have the valve setup on my context.xml that lives in the META-INF
    directory
    <Context path="/leap-service">
    <Valve
    className="org.keycloak.adapters.tomcat.KeycloakAuthenticatorValve"/>

    </Context>

    - keycloak.json:

    {
      "realm": "leap",
      "bearer-only": true,
      "auth-server-url": "http://localhost:8080/auth",
      "ssl-required": "external",
      "resource": "leap-service",
      "enable-cors": true
    }

    The error occurs in the following scenario:
    - The angular web app launches, the user clicks the login button which
    redirects to Keycloak. The user signs in. The user then tries navigates to
    another page. This page then executes a GET request on my REST service
    which returns a list which is displayed in a table. But while executing the
    GET request, I receive the error:

    *No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested
    resource. Origin 'http://localhost:9000 <http://localhost:9000/>' is
    therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 500.*

    In my Tomcat log file. I see the following warning message:

    *11-Nov-2016 11:28:19.464 WARNING [http-nio-8081-exec-2]
    org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator.forwardToLoginPage No
    login page was defined for FORM authentication in context [/leap-service]*

    I really can't seen to pinpoint the error. I find it quite strange because
    I have the same setup but using an older version of keycloak (1.9*), which
    worked fine. I know this might be a silly problem, but if you have some
    time to help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

    Regards
    Grant