[keycloak-user] multiple ldap servers (failover)

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 15:58:14 EST 2016

On 17/11/16 11:10, cen wrote:
> For question two, Keycloak uses h2 database by default which is stored
> locally in KC directory. But for production you probably don't want to
> use that. You should configure Keycloak to use an external database and
> backup that instead. You basically just modify standalone.xml and change
> the KeycloakDS datasource to use the database of your choice.
+1 . Never use h2 in production.

For LDAP, we didn't yet try to test the configuration like this. What we
do is, that the configured "Connection URL" is used as the property
"java.naming.provider.url" of the LDAP InitialContext. So if that is
supported by Java OOTB, then it works. Otherwise probably not. You can
doublecheck and possibly create JIRA with the example URLs of your AD DCs.

Thanks,
Marek