[keycloak-user] looking for samples and howto's

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Wed Nov 23 05:44:27 EST 2016

Hi Marek,

> Note that admin user from Wildfly is something different than admin user
> from Keycloak. See docs for details
> https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-adminstration-guide/content/v/2.4/topics/initialization.html
Yes, found that out.

> There should be README.md file in each of these directories with further
> instructions.
Found it. Unsure where/how to run 'mvn clean install wildfly:deploy' but
I did manage to take a look at configured clients, and learned a lot
from that. With that knowledge, I managed to make two external clients
work. :-)

I am planning to make a short tutorial on this basic stuff, as this
excercise took a lot of time... :-)

All the examples / documents that keycloak provides are very
java-centred, jboss, wildfly, etc, etc. If all of that is new to you (as
it is to me) then getting some basic functionality up and running is
really quite a task.
(specially if you're also new to saml, as I am also)

I am planning to make a short howto on keycloak as an IdP with
simplesamlphp as a SP. And perhaps also keycloak IdP with a wordpress
saml extension.

Again, i found keycloak very difficult to get started with, for a person
not fluent in the java / jboss / wildfly ecosystem.

But: Thanks a lot for your patience and kind help, Marek!

MJ