[keycloak-user] Exceptions when including 'keycloak-spring-boot-adapter' under Jetty

Bas Dalenoord bdalenoord at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 06:57:14 EDT 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to secure a Spring Boot-based application using Keycloak, but as
soon as I include the 'keycloak-spring-boot-adapter' artifact, my
application does not start anymore, throwing seemingly unrelated
exceptions. I'm following this tutorial
<http://slackspace.de/articles/authentication-with-spring-boot-angularjs-and-keycloak/>for
the backend part, but I upgraded all version numbers to the latest final
releases available.

I've created a stripped down version of the application with which I can
reproduce the errors. It can be found on my GitHub
<https://github.com/bdalenoord/keycloak-spring-boot-issue>. If I remove the
adapter-artifact, everything starts normally. I'm guessing it has to do
with Spring Boots autoconfiguration, but I cannot figure out what I should
change to get everything working.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to fix the
problem?

Thanks,
Bas