[keycloak-user] Updating lastLogon in LDAP/AD from Keycloak when user is authenticated

Edgar Vonk - Info.nl Edgar at info.nl
Mon Sep 19 09:25:07 EDT 2016

Hi,

We would like to have Keycloak update the lastLogon user attribute in our Active Directory server whenever a user logs in to our customer portal.

It is possible to do this from Keycloak?

The portal is secured using Keycloak so behind the scenes the Keycloak bind user is the one that authenticates the user in AD.

The only thing we have now is the user session information in Keycloak but that is not of much value to us because:
- in our situation AD is leading for all user data
- whenever we redeploy Keycloak (quite often) we empty out the Keycloak database and start new by synching users from AD
- if I am not mistaken currently user session data is not stored in the Keycloak database anyway?

cheers

Edgar