[keycloak-user] Communication between Keycloak and Spring Security Adapter

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 03:30:47 EDT 2016

I'm not clued up on the Spring adapter, but in general the way it works is:

* Adapter redirects to KC
* User logs in KC
* KC redirects back with code
* Adapter exchanges code for token
* Once token expires, adapter sends refresh token request to KC

Any verification of the token is done by checking the signature (it's a
JWS, not a JWT). Same goes if you use the token to invoke a service, the
service can verify the token without invoking KC.

On 26 September 2016 at 21:42, Matt H <matt.inbox at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to get a better understanding of the communication between
> Keycloak and spring security client applications.  If I'm understanding the
> authentication/authorization flow, it would be something like:
>

> 1. User (or client application) login to application
>
> 2. Spring security redirects to Keycloak
>
> 3. Keycloak verifies user and creates a JWT

4. Redirects user with JWT back to application