[keycloak-user] Building and testing keycloak custom modules/SPIs

Martin Hardselius martin.hardselius at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 08:57:15 EDT 2017

Hi,

I would like to know more on how people are approaching building and
testing of custom modules / installations.

In our current setup we have a repo where we develop all our custom code.
We use gradle and the 'com.github.zhurlik.jbossmodules' plugin to build
wildfly modules from that code. Then we create a new custom docker image
from the keycloak base image and those built modules. After we've built our
custom image, a separate repo with integration tests / security tests /
etc. is built, targeting the newly created image. If everything checks out,
the image is deployed in our kubernetes cluster. Every step of the process
is automated and works kind of ok.

What I really don't like is the separation of our "module/SPI repo" and our
test suite. Ideally, I would like to write all my integration tests in the
same repo as the code that I'm testing and be able to fire them against a
running keycloak server (with my code deployed) from within my IDE. Does
this make sense? Has anyone done something like this? Is there an
alternative way to build our custom images that is better suited?

Looking forward to a discussion on this.

Regards,
Martin