[keycloak-user] Using the nodejs-connect adapter without a logout route

Jonathan Little rationull at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 14:49:34 EDT 2017

The nodejs-connect adapter's middleware() function includes automatic setup
of a logout route which redirects to the keycloak server to logout the
authenticated user. The relative path to the logout route is customizable
via the options object, but there is no specified way to opt out of the
logout route. Looking at logout.js in the source I can see that passing
something which will never resolve as equal to request.url would result in
the logout route always being skipped, which is workable but is a hack.

I'm looking at using this for a backend service which will not do user
login/logout management at all but will only be doing checks for
authorization details. I don't see a need for logout functionality on such
a service. I can see three possibilities:

1) I'm looking at this the wrong way, and I actually do want logout
functionality for some reason.
2) I'm looking at it the right way, and the aforementioned hack is the
"normal" way to do it, but undocumented.
3) There's a feature request hiding here for a config option on
middleware() to opt out of the logout middleware.

(3) seems most plausible to me at this point but I don't want to jump into
feature request mode with an incomplete understanding of the situation. Any
opinions?