[keycloak-user] Loading extra claims from database

Wed Apr 12 18:04:30 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I have not been able to divine the way I might add extra claims from my application database. Given my limited understanding, I see two ways:

1 - after successful authentication have keycloak pull extra claims from the application database, somehow. This app database is postgres, for example.

2 - have the application database update the jwt with extra claims using a shared key.

I would like some feedback both paths. I feel that the fist option may be safer. However I am not sure where to begin that implementation journey.

Many thanks. Mark