[keycloak-user] Cloud (PaaS) Deployments

Thomas Darimont thomas.darimont at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 25 12:19:58 EDT 2017

Hello Dana,

a while ago I experimented with embedding Keycloak in a spring-boot-app:
https://github.com/thomasdarimont/spring-boot-keycloak-server-example

I'd say this is doable but (IMHO) not supported in any way.

Another option is to create a wildfly-swarm app with the keycloak-server
fraction with (IMHO) similar support...
https://wildfly-swarm.gitbooks.io/wildfly-swarm-users-guide/content/security/keycloak_server.html

The JBoss buildpack for CF / PCF was recently upgraded to use wildfly 10.x
instead of JBoss (I did the initial upgrade) ...
you could now either add Keycloak as a Subsystem to the JBoss Buildpack or
copy the jboss buildpack and create your own Keycloak buildpack adjusted to
your own needs.

Additionally, since PCF supports docker, you can also run Keycloak as a
docker container.

Btw. Keycloak works also on OpenShift:
https://blog.openshift.com/openshift-commons-briefing-35-sso-best-practices-keycloak-integration-openshift/

Cheers,