[keycloak-user] Using Keycloak within docker compose and spring boot application

Thomas Recloux thomas at recloux.fr
Wed Aug 2 01:18:49 EDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017, at 00:05, Sebastian Eichholz wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

> keycloak:
>  image: "jboss/keycloak-mysql:3.2.0.Final"
>  container_name: "keycloak-with-mysql"
>  ports:
>   - "8087:8080"

This means that keycloak is listening on port 8080 within the container
put exposed on port 8080 of the host

> oregami:
>  build: "./oregami-game-database-cqrs"
>  ports:
>   - "8080:8080"
>  container_name: "oregami-docker"
>  links:
>   - "keycloak:keycloak"

> CMD ["/usr/bin/java", "-jar",
> "-Dkeycloak.auth-server-url=http://keycloak:8087/auth", "/app.jar"]

With the container link, your spring boot app can access the container
directly, then the port should be 8080, not 8087.

I suggest to use public names and reverse proxy like Traefik
(https://traefik.io/)

Thomas