[keycloak-user] password policy | federation to AD

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 07:49:14 EDT 2017

Ah, I see your point now.

I can't guarantee that we will fix KEYCLOAK-4052 for 3.4. At least I am
likely not going to look into that due to other priorities. But maybe
someone else will.

BTV. The error you mentioned is the known issue for Samba AD. We have
mapper (MSADUserAccountControlStorageMapper ), which is able to
translate the error message from MSAD during password update and
recognize if update failed due to password policy or other reason.
However this works just for MSAD, but doesn't work for Samba. It seems
that Samba has bit different error messages and hence it fails. The
solution might be to implement another mapper just for Samba AD
(hopefully subclass of MSADUserAccountControlStorageMapper, so it
doesn't need to be completely rewritten). If you want to contribute
that, it will be nice. We're not going to support Samba AD in near
future and hence we won't do it on our own. At least not now.

Marek