[keycloak-user] Non-standard SAML profiles

Simon Gordon dev at sgordon.totalise.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 06:51:08 EDT 2017

Hello all

I am looking at how to support SAML profiles beyond the usual Web SSO
profiles that are typically supported within Identity Broker products
such as KeyCloak. The biggest two in my mind are eIDAS which is an EU
regulation and technical standards for cross-border Identity, plus the
UK Government's GOV.UK Verify service

The SAML specifications and profiles are available at:

https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/sites/default/files/eidas_message_format_v1.0.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/458610/Identity_Assurance_Hub_Service_Profile_v1.2a.pdf
(short SAML snippet at:
https://alphagov.github.io/rp-onboarding-tech-docs/pages/saml/samlIntegration.html#send-a-saml-authentication-request-to-the-gov-uk-verify-hub)

I guess the short version is that I suspect I need to work on extending
the SAML Profiles that KeyCloak supports, but there is not yet an
'adapter' to start with? Any pointers, or work that is already looking
at how to plugin further SAML Profiles into the product gratefully
received!

Regards,

	Simon