[keycloak-user] Logout from external IDP, IDP doesn't support parameter forwarding

joerg.js.schmidt at daimler.com joerg.js.schmidt at daimler.com
Thu Aug 31 05:16:19 EDT 2017

I added an external OIDC provider as IDP in my Keycloak config. I've configured all Endpoints including the Logout URL.

Loogin works perfectly. However when I try to logout from the external IDP, I see this URL:

<some_url>?state=9ef361c6-e94b-469d-8f72-cef2f374bff8&id_token_hint=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.ewogInN1YiI6ICJGY0otNm1pYnNEZ3ZmWnFFN2hpSVVQNnBWTGhfWWpSQ1dROFFoMXVUeE53IiwKICJhdWQiOiAiNzE3NTdhZTgtODE1MC00MTcyLTk3NmMtZGUxZDdmZTEyOGJjIiwKICJjX2hhc2giOiAicGZMTHh5YzgxRW1rOTVpYVd0WkFCZyIsCiAiYWNyIjogImh0dHBzOi8vbG9naW4uc2VjdXJlLm1lcmNlZGVzLWJlbnouY29tL3dsL2xldmVsLTE1IiwKICJhenAiOiAiNzE3NTdhZTgtODE1MC00MTcyLTk3NmMtZGUxZDdmZTEyOGJjIiwKICJhdXRoX3RpbWUiOiAxNTA0MTY0NTY1LAogImlzcyI6ICJodHRwczovL2FwaS1jZXJ0LXRlc3QuaS5kYWltbGVyLmNvbS8iLAogImV4cCI6IDE1MDQxNzE3NjUsCiAiaWF0IjogMTUwNDE2NDU2NQp9.cRCPjvjJxpnkDsDVcSF4jne5_5EwTgF2Hd1kglPLTsw&post_logout_redirect_uri=<...>%2Fauth%2Frealms%2Fmy_realm%2Fbroker%2Fkeycloak-oidc%2Fendpoint%2Flogout_response

And then the redirect from the IDP

<some_url>/auth/realms/my_realm/broker/keycloak-oidc/endpoint/logout_response

The URL parameter "state" is not appended to the logout_response, but it seems to be necessary for keycloak to do the logout.

Is there any workaround?

Joerg