[keycloak-user] Updating user

Alexey Kazakov alkazako at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 17:33:48 EST 2017

Hi,

Is it possible to update a user remotely using this user's access token?
I know that I can do it using Admin REST API but in this case I have to
use the admin user's access token which I would like to avoid.

We want to use our own user profile page + our backend service. User
updates his/her info. UI calls our endpoint providing the user's token.
Backend does some internal work related to the user's profile change
then updates Keycloak. The missing part is how do we update the Keycloak
user account using the user's token only and without obtaining the admin
token.

Something similar to
/realms/<realmname>/protocol/openid-connect/userinfo but for updating
the user's account. Or Admin REST API is the only way to do it?

Thank you.