[keycloak-user] Get "username" field in credential model for hashing password

Jeremy SAFONT jeremy.safont at insidegroup.fr
Mon Jul 3 10:56:27 EDT 2017

Hi everybody,

I have to modify the behavior of the hash process in order to use username
+ password in order to match encryption of legacy passwords from imported
users.

I understood I have to implement PasswordHashProvider.

The blocking point is that the credentialModel object does not allow me to
get the login information.
I debugged keycloak to find where the model is filled and I find the
"toModel" method into "JpaUserProvider" class.
I would like to add "username" field into this function and this model but
I don't know how to proceed in order to get it in the PasswordHashProvider.
Someone have a detailed process to achieve this please ?

Thank you a lot !

--
*Jérémy S.*
*Développeur applications web*