[keycloak-user] Keycloak Spring Boot Bearer Authentication

Mcshane, James P James.P.Mcshane at healthpartners.com
Fri Jul 7 16:33:40 EDT 2017

I am working on a set of Spring Boot modules all within the same Realm in Keycloak. I would like the service to have bearer only authentication so that the service can only be accessed by authorized clients. For the spring-security adapter, I see the KeycloakRestTemplate, but the factory there requires the SecurityContextHolder, which isn’t present out of the box in the authentication mechanism for the spring-boot adapter.

Is there a different rest template that could use the different container auth solutions provided by the KeycloakAutoConfiguration class? Clearly accessing the bearer authentication values from these systems is app server dependent, so it would seem to make sense to have a KeycloakClientRequestFactory provider that can handle the different types of container auth that is being done by the spring-boot adapter. Has this been done already, but not yet documented? In either case, I would be happy to contribute docs or code that deals with these different implementations.
Thanks,

James

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender. Disclaimer R001.0