[keycloak-user] Keycloak 3.2.0 issue with PasswordHashProvider SPI

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue Jul 18 06:06:33 EDT 2017

I've tried to reproduce but wasn't able. What I did was:
- Start 3.2.0
- During initial creation of admin user, I can see that it uses
iterations -1, so it defaults to 27500 iterations, which is the default
for Pbkdf2Sha256PasswordHashProviderFactory.
- I've manually changed the password policy in admin console and added
Hash Iterations to be 10000.
- After relogin of admin user, I can see that it uses configured 10000
iterations. New users are always created with 10000 iterations.

Marek