[keycloak-user] Understanding Offline Tokens

Mike Hills mike.hills at sematree.com
Thu Jun 1 12:09:13 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I need to implement offline tokens (
https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/documentation/content/server_admin/topics/sessions/offline.html)
for a number of our REST services.

I followed the instructions provided and it seems to work well. I do have a
couple of questions to confirm my approach please.

   1. The generated offline refresh token is used to return a valid token
   using the grant_type of refresh_token. Does this mean that the
   refresh_token call must be made each time (assuming previous token has
   timed out)?
   2. Is it best practice to hand out the same token for each client that
   needs to authenticate against the service or create a new client for each
   client service?

Any help is appreciated,

Regards,
mike