[keycloak-user] Obtain Token and Invoke Service throught CLI

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Mar 13 13:41:35 EDT 2017

On 03/11/2017 04:32 AM, Mehdi Sheikhalishahi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have read
> http://blog.keycloak.org/2015/10/getting-started-with-keycloak-securing.html
> for trying to authenicate to KC with username and password through CLI. But
> it seems this method does not work with KC 2.5.4, because public client
> does not provide Redirect URI field.
>
> See below:
>
> Obtain Token and Invoke Service
>
> First we need to create a client that can be used to obtain the token. Go
> to the Keycloak admin console again and create a new client. This time give
> it the *Client ID* curl and select public for access type. Under *Valid
> Redirect URIs* enter http://localhost.
>

> How can I do this with KC 2.5.4?

The keycloak-httpd-client-install too (written in Python) has examples
of using Keycloak's REST interface. The project is here:
https://github.com/jdennis/keycloak-httpd-client-install

And here is a class that authenticates as an admin using a
username/password such that it can perform admin actions using the REST
interface.

https://github.com/jdennis/keycloak-httpd-client-install/blob/master/keycloak_httpd_client/keycloak_cli.py#L700

--
John