[keycloak-user] [HELP] Unable to configure postgreSQL datasource

tostasul at cock.li tostasul at cock.li
Mon Mar 27 10:57:06 EDT 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a PostgresSQL datasource by following the
tutorial presented in the documentation:
https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/documentation/server_installation/topics/database.html
.
I'm doing the configuration for a standalone server by running
standalone.bat and by configuring everything in
keycloak-3.0.0.Final/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml .

I'm following the documentation step-by-step, but I get the following
error running standalone.bat every-time, and thus I'm unable to connect
to the database.

15:33:11,684 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation]
(Controller Boot Thread) WFLYCTL0013: Operation ("add"
) failed - address: ([
     ("subsystem" => "datasources"),
     ("data-source" => "KeycloakDS")
]) - failure description: {"WFLYCTL0180: Services with
missing/unavailable dependencies" => [
     "org.wildfly.data-source.KeycloakDS is missing
[jboss.jdbc-driver.postgres-driver]",
     "jboss.driver-demander.java:jboss/datasources/KeycloakDS is missing
[jboss.jdbc-driver.postgres-driver]"
]}
15:33:11,687 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation]
(Controller Boot Thread) WFLYCTL0013: Operation ("add"
) failed - address: ([
     ("subsystem" => "datasources"),
     ("data-source" => "KeycloakDS")
]) - failure description: {"WFLYCTL0180: Services with
missing/unavailable dependencies" => [
     "org.wildfly.data-source.KeycloakDS is missing
[jboss.jdbc-driver.postgres-driver]",
     "jboss.driver-demander.java:jboss/datasources/KeycloakDS is missing
[jboss.jdbc-driver.postgres-driver]",
     "org.wildfly.data-source.KeycloakDS is missing
[jboss.jdbc-driver.postgres-driver]"

I have tried different versions of JDBC drivers provided by:
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html, but to no avail, even by
using the version mentioned in the documentation.

At this point I am stuck since my configuration files look exactly like
in the documentation. What exactly could I be missing? Is the
documentation up to date?

Thanks in advance for any help,

My best regards.