[keycloak-user] JS adapter constantly refreshing page

sesnor.silva at sapo.pt sesnor.silva at sapo.pt
Mon May 15 13:02:19 EDT 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate keycloak's JS adapater into an application.
However for some reason the page keeps refreshing (every 5 seconds or
so?) after successfully logging in.

I managed to reproduce the problem with the following minimal code:

<!-- index.html FILE -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
    <title></title>
</head>

<script type="text/javascript"
src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/angularjs/1.6.4/angular.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<MY KEYCLOAK
SERVER>/auth/js/keycloak.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    angular.element(document).ready(function() {
        var keycloakAuth = Keycloak('keycloak.json');

        keycloakAuth.init({
            onLoad: 'login-required'
        }).success(function(authenticated) {
            keycloakAuth.loadUserInfo().success(function (userInfo) {
            console.log(userInfo)
            });
        }).error(function() {
            var error =  "There was an error initializing the
authentication module.";
            console.error(error);
        });
    });
</script>

I tried searching around but I didn't find too many answers. I tried
to base my implementation around:
https://github.com/bandrzejczak/keycloak-angular-akka-http/blob/master/client/app.js
and
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/examples/demo-template/angular-product-app

But I get the same behavior every time: The page just keeps refreshing.

It seems to be related to blocking third-party cookies on the
browser.  I use Firefox 53. Since my Keycloak isn't on the same host
as the application, I think the browser rejects the keycloak's
cookies. If this is the case, what could be a workaround for this? Is
there any option on the adapter's side? I'm worried some browser might
block third-party cookies by default (Opera and Brave Browser come to
mind).

Thank you,
My best regards,
Silva