[keycloak-user] Performance loss migrating from Keycloak 1.7.0 to Keycloak 2.5.5/3.x

Dmitry Telegin mitya at cargosoft.ru
Wed May 24 04:25:11 EDT 2017

Hi Bill,

By the way, can we roughly estimate the amount of memory allocated per
each cached user?

We are planning a deployment with ~4M users, so I'm wondering if the
entire user set can fit into RAM of a typical server? If yes, do you
think it would be a good idea to write an extension for cache warm-up?
(i.e., to launch a background thread upon Keycloak startup that would
gradually load all the users into cache) I think that could improve
response times for restarted / newly added cluster nodes.

Thanks,
Dmitry