[keycloak-user] Keycloak adapter hijacks all URL's ending in /saml

Chris Brandhorst Chris.Brandhorst at topicus.nl
Thu Nov 9 02:35:24 EST 2017

We are having a problem with the Keycloak SAML Jetty adapter (8.1). We have an application which currently does its own SAML handling, for which we want to migrate all the authentication logic to Keycloak. So we have an existing SAML endpoint to which a large number of third-party applications connect. This endpoint is placed at /sso/saml. It seems that the Keycloak adapter hijacks all request coming to any URL ending in /saml, breaking the existing endpoint, which needs to be kept functional for a while (for future migration).

How can we make sure this existing endpoint is not affected by the adapter?

Thanks,
Chris Brandhorst