[keycloak-user] Keycloak LDAP User Validation

felix.straub at kaufland.com felix.straub at kaufland.com
Fri Sep 1 09:23:20 EDT 2017

Hello together,

I have to following issue:

I added LDAP/AD User federation to my keycloak server version 3.2.0.Final.
So far so good everything is working I can import all the users and then
can validate the users against the LDAP.

But the target is that no user gets imported to keycloak. Thats working,
too. Just switched off the import button.
If I try to login now with my LDAP-credentials an error comes up. The error
on the keycloak login page says: "Unexpected error when handling
authentication request to identity provider".
In the keycloak log it throws a "ReadOnlyException".
But if I look into the sessions there is an active session with the user I
tried to login.

Did I miss any settings that keycloak can authenticate the user against
LDAP/AD without importing all the users?

Thank you for your help.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Felix Straub

+49 7132 94 920297

Kaufland Informationssysteme GmbH & Co. KG
Postfach 12 53 - 74172 Neckarsulm
Kommanditgesellschaft
Sitz: Neckarsulm
Registergericht: Stuttgart HRA 104163