[keycloak-user] Java admin clients

James Green james.mk.green at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 06:13:47 EDT 2017

In the absence of a Swagger endpoint (which would be so useful!) I've been
trying to use the admin-client in my client, but I cannot get even this to
work.

It seems it requires an older version of Resteasy, which I downgrade to,
then find I need to upgrade Jackson, then discover there are binary API
changes preventing it's use presumably with keycloak-3.

So I switched to OpenFeign and hooked in the JAXRS contracts feature, but
this blows up because various methods of the various interfaces lack HTTP
methods see UsersResource#get()

So all-in-all, I'm not having any luck with something that looks like an
off-the-shelf dependency to just "use" :(

I've followed through a number of the example gists on Github but they all
seem to pre-date Keycloak-3 and don't work.

The keycloak-admin-client doesn't seem to have any tests to confirm it
actually works, either. So does anyone have a way forward without me having
to re-implement the interfaces?

What I'd *really* like to see is a Swagger endpoint that I can point
swagger-codegen at as we've had success though this means with other
software in the past, but I can't find anything other than requests for
Swagger in past emails to this list.

Yours rather frustrated,

James