[keycloak-user] Externally triggered impersonation

Gabriel Lavoie glavoie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 09:59:44 EDT 2017

Hi Thorsten,
     Does your application internally has identifiers/information about its
users? Can you list them through it?

We've implemented this using a custom Spring Authentication object (called
SwitchUserAuthentication) in which we keep the original Authentication
object of the Spring security context, then we replace the Authentication
object of the security context with it. That way, the application knows
that a user is authenticated in an impersonated way and we can log actions
accordingly.

This doesn't work though if you need to do remote API calls using
impersonated OAuth2 access tokens. I haven't seen anything yet allowing
this in Keycloak.

Gabriel