[keycloak-user] Externally triggered impersonation

Thorsten thorsten315 at gmx.de
Wed Sep 13 12:15:30 EDT 2017

Yes, the goal would be to replace the current flow of impersonation that
requires a user to actually go to the Keycloak console and press the
"Impersonate" button. Doing this will open a new account management window
where the user - now impersonating the target user - can click on an app
link to use the app as the impersonated user.

So this is a very common requirement for most apps I have worked on and its
great that KC provides an out of the box solution for this. But it would be
really awesome if the same goal - an impersonated token - could be done
without the need to hit the KC console at all. Bonus points if the
impersonated token contains information that would indicate that this is an
impersonated token.

If that would be possible with the token exchange you are working on then
perfect!

Thanks