[keycloak-user] SSO in web and desktop application

Emanuele Gesuato Emanuele.Gesuato at finantix.com
Thu Apr 5 10:07:57 EDT 2018

Sorry for previous messages, not sure what happened
******
Hi everyone,

we are using the tomcat 7 adapter of keycloak 3.4.3 (SAML). We managed
also to install the server side part and to integrate the keycloak with an
our web application. Now when user access to siteA he is correctly
redirected to keycloak login page and after login he is redirected to the
application itself. It is working fine.

Problem is the following. We are not trying to integrate SSO in the
following way:
1. User opens browser and goes to our siteA
2. User correctly logins
3. In user desktop there is an our client-server application developed in
java and our goal is to have the user logged in automatically because we
are sharing same set of users. Moreover, siteA and the server side
application are different clients in the same realm.

The client-server application is basically a webapplication, where the
client part is a "custom" browser that restricts the user to do only some
operations. The browser widget is a custom one but we can change if
required.

Is it possible to do such thing ? How ?

I think we need to "share" something between the request of siteA and the
application itself.
I tried to share the JSESSIONID but it was not working; after
investigation I found that JSESSIONID is not useful for my purpose.

I hope to have explained clearly my issue,
thanks for any help