[keycloak-user] Deployment of configuration changes

Artem Grebenkin speechkey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 04:06:59 EDT 2018

Hi folks,

I’m looking for a way to deploy configuration changes. I have a following
example:

An existing group becomes a number of new subgroups with several new roles.
If I configure the keyclaok via UI, export the updated configuration, reset
the keycloak to the previous state and than import the new configuration
via UI partial import with override option I get an exception that the
group already exists.

In general I’m looking for abilities to deploy configuration changes as
a part of the build artifact (docker) like for example liquibase works.
After deployment of the new container configuration have to be imported
after startup.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Best regards speechkey