[keycloak-user] How to create a 'provisioning only' user in Keycloak?

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Mon Dec 10 23:27:32 EST 2018

Hello Thomas,

To authenticate, kcadm uses direct grant and client credentials grant (aka service account) against the admin-cli client. You can create an admin user and prohibit interactive login for him only with a one-line JavaScript authenticator inside your browser flow. This won't affect either of the grant types used by kcadm. A bit hacky, but should work 100%.

Good luck,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro