[keycloak-user] deciding on using keycloak or not

Wed Dec 12 05:13:02 EST 2018

Hi there,

Just a general question: I'm currently deciding on which opensource
SSO-solution I should use in a project.
>From what I can gather, Keycloak has all the features I need.

There is however one caveat here: the recent acquisition by IBM. I'm
wondering if there could be a potential consequence for keycloak and if so,
what could it be? Could the project be completely cancelled? Could the
product disappear altogether or fall without any support?

I know that there probably isn't any clear information about this, even at
IBM/Redhat internally at the moment, but I don't want to choose a product,
integrate multiple applications with it and then get stuck in a year or so
having to do it all over again.

Any ideas/input?

Kind regards,

P.