[keycloak-user] Fine tuning KC for performance

Upananda Singha upananda313 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 01:42:17 EST 2018

Hi All,

Could anybody please point out whats the Keycloak load bearing capacity in
terms of TPS (transactions per sec).
As I already indicated I have been using 2 instances of Keycloak connected
to shared PostgreSQL Database. (Keycloak instances being
clustered using standalone-ha configuration).

I have been trying Reset Pwd api call on a 500 user base.
I am running Jmeter test suit to reset pwd and trying to post in a rate
around 100 msg per sec.
But as per Jemeter thoroughput results I can see max around thoroughput 80
which seems really less when I am having 2 instances of KCs.
My load balancer is doing a round robin scheduling for forwarding the
requests to the KC instances.
Can anybody share his/her experience regarding the load test results for
Keycloak? Any information will be highly appreciated.

Any KC optimization configuration would be great...

Thanks & Regds
Upananda Singha